Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Disguises

Although the shoot might still be a way off yet, I've been doing some more wandering and location scouting for my flick 'Galore'. I've done this before a couple of times, thinking we were accelerating toward shooting but a production setback or another project got in the way. So I get a bit nervous thinking of these trips as 'recces'. Really, it's just wandering and thinking and looking. Maybe it's going to be too elusive to capture on screen, but the areas in the outer southern suburbs of Canberra where the film is set, possess, for me, a singular sense of space and some of the most beautiful expansive skies I've ever seen. It's a rich and strange landscape disguised as a completely normal and banal suburbia. I'm dying to finally throw some people in the places and spaces I imagine for the film and actually shoot a scene or two... Slowly, slowly. In the meantime, here are some shots. Click on the image for a bigger version. 










No comments: