Monday, January 14, 2013

Songs That Should Be Films #7

As ever, there are songs that are, for me, more cinematic than most cinema I see; that evoke stories and emotions and characters that I want to live on screen somewhere; places I'd rather spend a couple of hours of my life, sitting in the dark, senses, heart and mind alive, fucked up, yearning, celebrating and desiring. 

"The Healing" - Bloc Party
"Born into a Mess" - International Noise Conspiracy
"Lover I Don't Have To Love" - Bright Eyes
"Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos" - Public Enemy
"While You Wait For The Others" - Grizzly Bear
"Coattails" - Low
"Trouble Man" - Marvin Gaye
"Breathless" - Nick Cave as sung by Cat Power
"Save Me" - Tea Party
"Güero Canelo" - Calexico
"Rewind" - Nas
"Anthems for a 17 Year Old Girl" - Broken Social Scene
"Christmas in New York" - The Pogues
"Folsom Prison Blues" (obviously!) - Johnny Cash

and, always, always, forever:

"Sweet Thing" - Van Morrison

Because:
And I shall drive my chariot
Down your streets and cry
Hey, it's me, I'm dynamite
And I don't know why

No comments: