Monday, February 16, 2015

Consumption #1

My life is a mess. I don't have much these days... but I got books and films. So, although I've been working my ass off, writing some new shit and smashing out pages and pages on a new script for another director that should be up and happening mid year, I've been keeping the days roiling and boiling with just watching and reading a lot. Oh, and beer.

Because I'm not anything like Steven Soderbergh, I am gonna use this little confessional corner of the internet to make a list of consumption for the sake of clarity, openness and equal parts humiliation and curatorial signposting. I've been meaning to make January's list for ages but have been too busy/lazy. So, here it is. I imagine I'll post February's list sometime in May. I won't lie. It's been a pretty busy month of devouring.


Films

A MOST WANTED MAN - Antón Corbjin

MOTHER - Bong Joon-Ho
HARDCORE - Paul Schrader



TAI CHI MASTER - Yuen Woo Ping
POLICE STORY 3 - Stanley Tong
BUDDHA COLLAPSED OUT OF SHAME - Hana Mahkmalbaf



13 ASSASSINS - Takashi Miike
NIGHTCRAWLER (quit watching)
IN A BETTER WORLD - Susanne Bier (repeat watch)



WOMAN ON THE BEACH - Hong Sang Soo
BIRDMAN - Alejandro Gonzalez Iñarritu
MEMORIES OF MURDER - Bong Joon-Ho




THE LEGO MOVIE - Phil Lord & Christopher Miller
GONE GIRL - Ben Affleck
LA DOLCE VITA - Federico Fellini




RETURN OF THE JEDI - Richard Marquand (repeat watch)
TMNT - Michael Bay (quit watching)
REVANCHE - Gotz Spielman




WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY - Mel Stuart
DUMB AND DUMBER TO - Bobby and Peter Farrelly
CAFE LUMIERE - Hou Hsiao-Hsien (repeat watch)
THREE TIMES - Hou Hsiao-Hsien (repeat watch)





Books

THE NIGHT GARDENER - George Pelecanos
MONSIEUR PAIN - Roberto Bolaño
SEX CRIMINALS - Matt Fraction & Chip Zdarsky
COLLECTED SHORT STORIES - Flannery O'Connor
THE SHADOW GIRLS - Henning Mankel

DARK MARKET - Misha Glenny



Television


RAY DONOVAN - Ann Biderman - Season 01
BROOKLYN NINE NINE - Dan Goor and Michael Schur - Season 01


No comments: