Friday, February 3, 2012

Things I Have Learnt

Things I have learnt about Paris:

• in general, life, and specifically, a trip to Paris, is more fun with a bunch of Colombian filmmakers and intellectuals.
• the air is colder here than anything I have previously known.
• even iceskating - which I have previously recalled as the domain of boons, dry rooters and cockwacks - is achingly cool here.
• the bookstores sell photo books I've only ever dreamed of.
• people feed me cheese and preserved meats I've only ever dreamed of.
• the light is as good as all those novels, poems, photographs and films would have you believe.
• my vivid memories of being here at 18 and 19 and unsuccessfully chasing girls, life, cinema, literature and poetry are not to be trusted.
• churches are still mostly boring, except for the gory stuff.

Here are a handful of photos.



















No comments: