Saturday, February 18, 2012

Romance #2


"If I am looking for a story at all, it is in my relationship to the subject - the story that tells me, rather than that I tell."
Bruce Davidson

I should warn you: one day, when I can do any damned thing that I please; when I've made my film adaptation of Faulkner's 'Wild Palms'; when I've completed a quintet of films set along the equator; and, when I've remade Sixteen Candles as a four hour minimalist masterpiece - all to wild acclaim - I am going to make a film about the period of time Bruce Davidson spent photographing the kids in the Jokers gang in Brooklyn and Coney Island throughout 1959. It will be about art and crime, love and lovers, killing time and taking photographs. It will be great. The best thing I ever do. You are going to love it. 

No comments: