Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Generosity

Gifts, true gifts, born from generosity and not obligation, always leave an echo in the heart.

A while ago, I posted a query to my weird online freakbook life about a book I was looking for - "Bons Baisers" - a published series of photographs of 'kisses' (interpreted in the loosest ways) by the photographers of Magnum agency. 

From nowhere, a friend from Paris contacted me to let me know that he'd found a copy and that he'd bought it for me. He was planning to send it, I was planning to send him money to send it, but we both got caught in the usual web of life. 

So, a month or two after our back and forth, we crossed paths while I was travelling, in a bar a long way from home, and he passed it to me after a handful of drinks, refusing my crummy materialistic gesture of covering his costs. I couldn't have been more affected... So, humble thanks, Genaro... You're a good man.


This is what the book that he holds in his hand looks like. It's fucking amazing.


1 comment:

Genaro said...

Content is freaking awesome too !

You're more than welcome Rhys. We now have a good reason to meet again : so you can buy me more drinks :)